29905560

I am paid five pounds per hour before tax is this against the

Customer Question

I am paid five pounds per hour before tax is this against the law.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is your line of work and how old are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am semi retired. Ill health retired from the police but now work on a caravan park which is open all year. I am 55 yrs old.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Are you self employed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get a police ill health pension and annuity pension which I am also taxed on and with the £5.00 per he I'm also taxed..
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Workers aged 21 or over re entitled to the National Minimum Wage of £6.70 per hour. If you are only being paid £5 before tax then that is below the minimum wage and it is illegal. You can certainly challenge the employer over this. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of where to go next if you need to formally complain abut this, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Five star service
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. More details on how to complain here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/national-minimum-wage-enquiries-and-complaints If the difference is not paid you can consider making a claim in the employment tribunal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where would I need to go now if I needed further advice as it is illegal. He pays me £640.00 every 8 weeks..and so far due to the hours I've worked over the summer owes me over £2200.00
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The complaints steps in the link fist and if you want to make a claim it is in the employment tribunal: https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunals/when-you-can-claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best