75100385

I have fallen internet scam, I was telephoned by "BT"

Customer Question

I have fallen for an internet scam, I was telephoned by "BT" who wanted to upgrade me to BT cloud phone, a contract was sent by e-mail, which I signed. I was then telephoned for my banking details, I told them to use my direct debit but they claimed that the data protection act stopped them doing this. I told them to ring me the next day and confirmed with BT that they were nothing to do with BT. When they rang me I told them this, and when I was told that they needed a conference with BT and to copy something and ring BT I rang off after telling them I was not going to do this - I know that trick.
I have now received an e-mail from "BT Cloud Phone" saying that they will deliver the phone on 2nd December. The 0800 number they give is not, as far as I can tell, a BT one.
My problem is the contract I signed legal, and if they claim costs for cancellation can they threaten to black my credit rating if I do not pay?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When did you sign for this? Are you a business or consumer?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as soon as possible
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok