12826847

Dear Jo, my partner and I have lived together 12

Dear Jo, my partner and I have lived together for approx 12 years.just recently she decided she wanted out of the relationship and to separate.the property we own is the main bone of contention.i paid off the mortgage 2 years ago when I retired from the police with my commutation.we have agreed a deal in principal of £30000 cash to her but she anticipates problems from the housing and housing benefits office should she accept.we intend to make the deal formal through a local solicitor but the housing are asking for details of property worth.whats the way forward ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What are you hoping to achieve?
Obviously the DWP will have to know about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An amiccable outcome.you saw dwpwill need to know about this I assume this will be proved by the solicitors document ? Do you mean tell them what is agreed in principal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not if that deal hasn't actually come to fruition yet.
If she still partly owns a property then she will have to disclose ownership of that property and make the point that it is split with you.
She can disclose the proposed agreement.
Either way though, truth is that it is likely that housing benefit would be refused I'm afraid. Even with the payout she would have more than £16k which is the cut off point. If she owns a property they could say there is elsewhere she could live.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks is the £47 pounds paid here a one off do I need to cancel anything ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You need to email customer services about your account here***@******.*** but they can do that for you.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks jo appreciated.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.