75100385

In a private drive block of flats with restricted parking,

In a private drive for a block of flats with restricted parking, is there any legal obligation to provide a Disabled space ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
There is no legal obligation directly. However there may be an indirect requirement under the Equality Act 2010 which says that disabled people can't be discriminated against and it may be argued its indirect discrimination. There are codes of practice when it comes to parking spaces, but these are not legally binding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex

The person in Question took on a lease, knowing she was disabled, but then had no car. As she got better she bought a car and parks it in the Loading/Turning area, and says "I'm disabled" !

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They can't do that........
Does that clarify?