Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

On July the 25 I paid 4.700 van I have had the van

Hi on July the 25 I paid 4.700 for a van I have had the van for four months in that time the clutch has gone costing me 700.00 the starter Moter has gone costing me 200.00 the engine had to be replaced costing me 2700.00 all with in four months the van is out of warenty do I have a case against Bristol trade commercials
Regards *****
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you raised any of these issues with Bristol Commercials to date?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have they have invoices to prove I have had the work done
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
so are they refusing to pay? Did you ask them to repair for you prior to having the work done elsewhere?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said the van was out of warenty I got the garage to chat with them the garage then invoiced them the bill now when I ring up and ask yo speck to Shaun they say he is out the office
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok the fact that the Van is out of warranty is irrelevant. If you purchased the van from a dealer then you have rights under the Sale of Goods and Services Act on the basis that the vehicle should be fit for it's purpose and of satisfactory quality. You need to send a letter before action to state that if they do not refund you with 7 days you will have no alternative but to bring a small claim under the Act. You can bring the claim at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this, as I can see you have not yet rated my answer, which is an important part of the process?