ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My father has a joint bank account with my brother he has a

Customer Question

My father has a joint bank account with my brother he has a will, he is dying of cancer when he dies who will be entitled to the money in the joint bank account under English law.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
In respect of monies held in a joint account - the money is not counted as part of your fathers estate and the money will transfer to the surviving account holder. All your uncle would need to do is provide a death certificate and all the monies would be his.
If this is not what your father wants - then he needs to seek to act now.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you said uncle did you mean my brother because I didn`t mention uncle in my question could you clear that matter up before I can give you a feedback please.
Yes sorry!
All the monies in the Joint Account will transfer to the other holder - in your case - your brother.
Please don't hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work - thank you