ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Elderly parents living in rented accommodation together constant

Customer Question

elderly parents living in rented accommodation together
constant emotional battery from the other two siblings ie brother and sister about them not being able to fend for themselves
received text re mother being ill again and now they say they have removed all the posessions and put her somewhere
not mentioned my father till prompted
Are they allowed to do this ***@******.***
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
- who is doing these things to your parents - your siblings or the landlord?
- please describe further what is happening?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The people doing this are my brother and sister who are my parents other two siblings
I had to visit the house over night and they have removed them and everything
I reported them as missing I do not know what else to do
when I visited them they were always fine up to a year ago
when my sister who lives with someone and has five children all started hanging around and driving past me constantly I have had difficulty getting to them without one of them calling the police
I think they have made something up between themThe police said I need a tracer group or something to find them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot get either of the other two or any family member to talk to me
without them trying to say awful things like they were living in filth or they went round and were doing everything for them they said they used the floor as a toilet
a year ago this was untrue I asked whether they had heard of home help or a chair lift
the said that they were making all their meals yet when they said they were taken from their home they weighed six stone
this is after one year
appologies for all the gossip and so called slander they are like that I could not get anyone to actually say anything that didn't sound like slander rather than where they were or if they were ok
both of them said something different and without going around to a lot of places and risking being reported again I cannot get to look for them where they say
I'll check the landlordI rang the hospital and they have not had them in either
Thank you for your response.
I am just out at the moment but will consider and respond in full shortly.
Kindest Regards
Caroline
Please accept my sincere apologies for my delay in being able to respond to you substantially today.
I am really sorry to hear about this situation.
Please can you tell me - did you manage to locate your parents? will you be able to speak to your parents? find out what their wishes and feelings are. Do you think they want to stay in their own home? can they manage? do you think they are being abused by your siblings?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are my brother and sister my parents other two siblings
unable to contact the landlord until today
unable to contact brother as he said they were in hospital and when rang hospital not in hospital
sister saying about them walking in faeces etc not prepared to listen to slander asked persistently where they were
refused access to sisters village as reported to police before
sister says her terms her house ?
not really prepared to contact sister again
sorry about this as became slander contest before not prepared to take part
refused to give parents access to the phone should they be in her house
not actually sure they are in hers as could not hear them or get her to get the phone to them
very worried became distressed and angry and could not get her to answer without her trying to say something about the so called state of her house
told sister she should have mopped the floor herself not kept saying dreadful remarks to people and had stair lift installedwaiting to see if landlord the council would let me know where they went to
if they are upstairs in the house no furniture downstairs
unable to tell without breaking in the police would not do this either
police said they could have moved without telling me
unlikely as lived in house since sixtieswent around both parents doctors at weekend and wrote saying I was next of kin also and gave phone numberhavnt tried undertakers yet??this is awful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have always said they would die in their own home and not anywhere else
I have no idea about abuse except other relatives including sisters children seemed to go around although I do not get along with the sister I never thought they would do this in the parents home they saw who they wanted to
Thakn you for your responses.
This really is a horrible position for you.
You really need to speak with your parents to see if they are being mistreated.
I reccomend that you contact social services and ask for an elderley person check to be undertaken. Als try the police to see if they can make welfare enquiries.
If once your parents have been located - they are adamant that they want to stay in their home, which they can manage and they have not given permission for their belongings to be removed - then you should give consideration assisting your parents to apply for a non molestation order.
Kind Regards
Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
parents missing
received another police visit saying stay away from sister therefore if sister has parents did this on purpose
require legal info re sending letter to sister to stop her assuming only sibling is her
all parent and some of my own possession are still missing also
Did the police assist you any further in respect of the location of your parents? Have police / social services undertaken a welfare check?
Did you report to the police the missing items?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Havnt been able to find them
another letter from police saying stay away from sister for rest of her life and her side of familywill assume she did something with them and go
Is that what police and social services said? They can't find them? Are they still looking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the police said stay away from sister and put it in writing
they live like that constantly calling them and so ive tried to stay away from them most of my life
although they did that to me the boyfriend of my sister is still driving past me constantly in the street and staring
doctors cannot accept as next of kin without parents letter saying next of kin cannot find them sister possibly did this to get control them otherwise why would they stop anyone from seeing them or saying where they wereall is told to stay away from sister and her family
doctors not help
waiting for landlord
citizens advice sais go to police
police sais stay from sister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need letter for possessions
assume sister sold of all parents possesions
a lot of my own were still in house
told police that and went
I am sorry to hear this
Did you try social services for a welfare check?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot take sister like this under any circumstances
always did this sort of awful behaviour
with boyfriend throwing weight around pretending to be doing something for sister yet excluding everyone to point of no return
causes fights with everyone
they will sit with whatever they ran in to get or say and expect everyone else to fight for it back or they have taken it and gotten away with it
whatever you do its appears like a pitch fight to the end
they got away with so much with parents to try to keep peace
loads of them wanted to move myself to get away from them
they asked me to stay away from them yet once a week almost they are driving past me and staring yet not saying anything about where they are or whether they even know
one of her boyfriends employees was kicking my door in at six in the morning I couldn't think who the person was when i asked the neighbour who it was the neighbour said it was his friend and he'd asked him to stop
I then saw him driving around with the sisters boyfriend
trying to move whatever they've done they trying for a fight one way or another
connot take them upsetting me anymore
I am so sorry to hear all of this - it sounds horrid.
I really do think that you need to try social services for a welfare check so that you can at least rest assured that your parents are ok - then hopefully you will also get to speak with them so you can hear their wishes on what has been going on.
Kindest Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no pitch fights they take things then expect blazing row or fight to get infoparents could even be dead
never have moved parents unless they were dying or dead
hospital sais would have sent them back to own address
This is truly a horrible situation for you. I do hope that the social services will help with a welfare check.
Kind Regards
Caroline