12826847

A company placed in a MVL cannot repay the creditors within

Customer Question

A company placed in a MVL cannot repay the creditors within 12 months due to its not being able to get in the debtors book and therefore does not have sufficient liquidity. The company is placed in a CVL but due to incorrect paperwork being submitted by its liquidators the company is dissolved.
During the time the company was dissolved the debtor situation was resolved which gave the company sufficient funds to be able to pay the creditors in full with interest.
The company was restored in full to the Register but the liquidators who had conduct of the case argued with the Registrar that the company should be placed on the Register as in CVL which is what happened.
Question
Should the company have been restored to the Register in a MVL at the very least?
Good luck!
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Has a proper meeting of the creditors taken place in accordance with the Insolvency Act 1986?
AJ