Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Jo, A ccj was issued by HMRC against my company which is

Customer Question

Hi Jo, A ccj was issued by HMRC against my company which is now desolved. The HMRC claim for £30k was based on estimated VAT payable by the company. The claim was not justified as it was not based on anything other than an estimate. Now as the company was no more required I did not dispute the claim and a CCj was issued. Is there any way I can get that ccj removed as it is effecting my credit worthiness.That ccj is more than 5 years old
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
As it has been such a long time there is no real way to force the CCJ off of your credit score. All you can do is wait until 6 years has expired and the CCJ will be removed from your credit record.
If the CCJ was against your company why is it on your personal credit score? Did you personally guarantee it?
AJ