12826847

My son had a motorbike accident last night after a car pulled

Customer Question

My son had a motorbike accident last night after a car pulled out into him, unfortunately he had forgotten to wear his learner plates , the police were called to the scene , pounded his bike , luckily he is ok , just cuts and bruises. Where does he stand with damages and insurance?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid this will invalidate his insurance as he is driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.
He can still claim from the other party but his insurance company are quite unlikely to do it for him although sometimes they will.
The fact that he was on the road unlawfully does weaken the claim that he has but it doesn't mean the other driver still doesn't owe him a duty of care. It would just reduce the award.
To be wholly honest though, if this is just a cuts and bruises accident then it is probably not worth pursuing. I have had similar accidents and they don't net very much. It is usually just £100 or thereabout for pain and suffering. The damage to the bike may be different and at least it would be a small claims court matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His bike is a write off, so it would still be best to see what his insurance company will do ? If anything! If not will we need to take it to a claims court?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How much is it worth?