12826847

We have received several letters payment of a private

We have received several letters for non payment of a private car park parking fee.
The vehicle is a company vehicle which can be driven by three different people and we have not identified the driver.
We habe now received two letters from a firm of solicitors saying the they inytend to pursue this matter by getting a county cout judgement against me company.
Is this possible and what would you suggest we do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. Have you tried to work out who may have driven it on the day?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know who drove the vehicle. But surely I am under no legal obligation to inform them who was driving the vehicle. I would therefor assume that they cannot take ant
Y legal action against my company as this is an entity, and cannot therefore be held responsible for a private parking fine?
Best regards
Gerald Mann
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, you are not. S172 RTA doesn't apply. But if you don't then you become liable for the debt under the Protection of Freedoms Act as the registered keeper. Therefore, it is sensible to disclose as it will no longer be your problem then. You do have to disclose within 28 days of the first correspondence though and if you haven't done so then you are liable and disclosing now does not alter that. They very definitely can and probably will act against your company. There is new case law in their favour. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I understand. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/