75100385

I rented a house I own to my parents in 1994. They claimed

I rented a house I own to my parents in 1994. They claimed housing and benefit allowances and have been getting them.
Due to an investigation they have seen that I have not been getting the rent on a regular basis, even though I did supply a rent book saying I had. The council have now stopped the benefit saying that the rental agreement is not therefore considered as commercial. I have been interviewed under caution and I did say that I had not received rent on a regular basis. They have said that they have enough proof to prosecute me and are asking for me to repay all the rent and council tax. I did not sign any Council papers for the claims but they say that I helped them complete them. (My Dad is no longer living my mother is 93) ??
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to know please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can they demand I pay this money?? that was my original question
From you no. You did not sign the form. But they could take you to Court for assisting your or being in joint enterprise with your parents.
So they can't ask you for the cash - you didnt sign anything.