75100385

We have booked and paid package holiday people

Customer Question

We have booked and paid for a package holiday for 8 people on 29/12/15 to sharm el sheik but the hotel we booked has the pools and slides closed, this is an aqua park hotel, so the agents are offering us an alternative hotel but in the light of recent events at sharm airport members of our party no longer wish to go even to an alternative, we have requested a full refund but they are saying there is a 80% cancellation charge even though they can't offer the hotel we booked, is this right or can we demand our money back, obviously we are running out of time
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, you can't get a full refund based on what has happened. If at the time of travel the Foreign Office advises against all travel then yes you can get a refund. In terms of the hotel you need to check the Tour operator terms and conditions.
It may say if there is a change then you can cancel - if that is the case then yes you can. If it says if there is a change they can give you an alternative hotel then unless the Foreign Office advises against all travel then sadly you can't.
That advice can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt
Therefore you need to check the advice closer to the time and if travel remains suspended then you can get a 100% refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for this we now know where we stand and what to do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. Good luck - I am also going to Sharm in January!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/