Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I m from Wales I have small hair and beauty salon I would

Hi , I m from Wales I have small hair and beauty salon I would like to employ from Nepal is that possible please help me thanks
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor based in London. I’ll be happy to assist you with your question. Please tell me why you wish to employ from Nepal rather than Europe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Firstly I have many Nepali clients who couldn't speak English and secondly I would like to employ my sister who is qualify as hair and beautician
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Has she visited in the UK in the past?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you please help me how to employ from Nepal or just let me know is that possible
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
The government will issue visas for people who are eligible under the skilled worker, temporary worker, high value or domestic worker routes. Unfortunately a hairdresser does not fall into any of three categories. However, there is no reason why your sister could not visit on a tourist visa for upto 6 months - but under such a visa she would not be able to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So can I sponsor as domestic workers??
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
No. Domestic workers are people who work for their employer outside the UK and only enter the UK when their employer does and returns home. You couldn't employ your sister to come over and work for you under the domestic worker category.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do have any idea how to get in UK but I think she can come to family visit Visa ?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing stopping your sister from applying for a visa to visit family in the UK. She would be able to stay up to 6 months. She should apply for a STANDARD VISA which costs £85 and she will have to show that she will return at the end of her stay and be able to support herself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyway thanks for advice
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
OK it was my pleasure. Please remember to rate my answer. I am happy to discuss further if needed.