ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I need to know more about conditional fees agreement

Customer Question

I need to know more about conditional fees agreement (CFA), recently my employer agree to settle my case. My solicitor say I have to pay success fees 100% of his basic fee although the court order states that the respondent pay all fees.
I am really disturbed because if I were to pay success fee I will be left with not much award especially after I suffered for 5 years depression due to my employers treatment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received your answer via email. Thank you very much will be in touch if I need more information.I feel that there's too many unfair clauses in that agreement.Once again thank you
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
You need to check the initial paperwork that you received from your solicitor. You should have received a client care letter from your solicitor at the beginning of your case - setting out the terms of their engagement and the fees that would be paid.
Recent rule changes mean that the defendant doesn't have to pay the success fee - so you will be responsible for this - if your solicitor made you aware of this at the beginning of your case. It is therefore important that you check your initial paperwork.
You also have the right to scrutinise the work undertaken by your solicitor - you can ask them for a full break down of your bill. You can also ask the courts to assess the work that has been completed by your solicitor.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively. We receive no credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Please do not hesitate to say if I can assist you further,
If you have found the information helpful I would be grateful if you could kindly press accept do that we receive credit for our time.
Kind Regards