Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I was born in Coventry, England in May 1940 (in the blitz)

I was born in Coventry, England in May 1940 (in the blitz) to British parents. My parents and the family emmigrated to South Africa in 1947 and from South Africa to Rhodesia in 1949. During the Rhodesian War of Independence I was conscripted into the National Army for 13 years then I left and returned to South Africa and then I returned to England for 4 years, living and working in Slough and later Jersey during the period 1975 to 1979 (approximate) I paid into National Insurance while working there. In 1979 I emmigrated to Australia and became an Australia Citizen in 1983. I lived and worked in Australia for 21 years.
In 1999, still on an Australia Passport, I moved to Indonesia on a Social Visa and later converted to a Retirement Visa and i have lived there 16 years on my own foreign earnings and savings. I am now 75 years of age and have lived off my savings since the retirement age of 65 because Australia will not grant me Age Pension because Indonesia is not an 'Pension Agreement' country, I left Australia before retirement age and I didn't complete the mandatory 25 years in Australia to be entitled to an international portable pension. My cash and near cash resources have dwindled to GBP40,000 and with unknown life expectancy this is a worrying concern. I'm married to an Indonesian national and have two teenage children at school and an 11 month old baby..
My question is do I have any rights to pension from the UK Government.
regards
Adrian Evetts ***@******.***
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. I regret to say that for a person born in 1940, you would need to have paid contributions for at least 10 years in order to be able to claim a UK pension. This is because it was not until 1948 that pension contributions from working persons started in the UK, so anyone born then had very little entitlement to a pension, as there weren't sufficient contributions paid in to warrant giving everyone a pension. So I regret to say that if you have only 4 years pension contributions made in the UK this will not entitle you to a pension in the UK today. If you want confirmation please go to the UK Government Pension Calculator at this link https://www.gov.uk/calculate-state-pension.2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the answer your Expert receives none of the monies you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience