75100385

There, my girlfriend was looking fencing

Customer Question

Hi there, my girlfriend was looking for quotes for some fencing to be put up at her home and was given a quote by a company, but after hearing what the quote is, we have decided that it is far too expensive and we don't want the company to do the work. There has been no money change hands, no contract signed and no written quote or plan of works or design agreed on. The company representative pressured my girlfriend into agreeing that work should start today, but we just want to cancel the job altogether and look for a better quote. Where do we stand legally if we call and cancel the work?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You have 14 days cooling off period which your you can cancel without charge under the consumer contracts regulations.
So she can cancel at no cost
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/