75100385

A car witch was on hire to me was picked up from my house

Hi a car witch was on hire to me was picked up from my house by one of the hire firms employees as I no longer needed it but I have just received speeding fine although I was not the driver at the time as the lease was not terminated until later that day by the company surely the lease should have been cancelled as soon as it was picked up as this scenario could happen to any one could you please advice me on how to resolve this thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have confirmation as to the time it was picked up please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did ask for this but got no paper work
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I assume its a Notice of Intended Prosecution you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you need to fill yrour details out and nominate the hire company as driver. Put a covering letter to explain why. Your duty is to only take reasonable steps to identify the driver. By nominating the hire company you have. But you are not liable for anything once you hand the car back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/