12826847

Good Afternoon, I signed and dated a mortgage offer dated

Customer Question

Good Afternoon,
I signed and dated a mortgage offer dated 22nd April, on the 24th April along wit an ability to pay form and a direct debit mandate.
I cancelled the mortgage offer because I couldn't afford the repayments, and I took out an
interest only mortgage. This offer was dated the 20th May and I signed and dated the mortgage offer, ability to pay form and a second direct debit mandate on the 21st May.
I recently found out that the Bank used the direct debit mandate from the earlier mortgage offer to set up a direct debit mandate on the 4th May.
I am alleging that the bank has breached the direct debit guarantee scheme, can I make a claim under the
the direct debit guarantee scheme because the bank relied on a null and void direct debit mandate.
n.b. both of the direct debit mandates had the same activation code numbers despite being over a months difference in date.
Finally can the same direct debit activation code be used twice for two different mortgages over a month apart.
many thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to be clear they took payments for an account to which they were not entitled to do so?