12826847

My daughter is 16 years old and she's had a few arguments at college , they are not

Customer Question

My daughter is 16 years old and she's had a few arguments at college , they are not letting her back into the college , especially when she was half way through her coursework What should I do?, does she not have to be in full time education until she's 18?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
When you say arguments, what do you mean exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first time my daughter was talking about AC's in lesson about other people that do them these days and the students over heard her thinking that it was my daughter that does them so they wrote statements , there is no proof whatsoever , I have checked her bank statements there was no extra money going in or out , just her bursary Money; they was threatening to go to the police but a little writing on the paper will not prove anything , there was six of them that wrote the statements and took it to the principle which made her get suspended, and then there was another incident that happened where she had an argument with another student and after that they said that my daughters not allowed back into the college which was not fair because arguments happen, she said stuff back as well as my daughter did , but because she cried all the blame went back on my daughter .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I'm not sure what the actual complaint was?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because one time the students said to them She tried to get their bank account they suspended her from college for 3 days after one week she had another argue with some else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So they don't accept her in college any more. What should I do ? I can't apply for other college until next September .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you give me some advise please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is this a mainstream college?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes is mainstream college.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is college for normal peaple
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It iS sixforme college
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If this is a mainstream college in receipt of Government funding then you can appeal their decision to exclude.
Clearly they have complaints with her but a decision to exclude permanently should be one of last resort.
You should have received notice of the decision and you have 15 days from that date to lodge an appeal.
If you can't get her in elsewhere though then it is probably worth considering.
Alternatively you could complain vigorously but she would have to take a year out I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I did understand what dose mean mainstream school so my answer was wrong to your question about my daughter college. My daughter college is sixforme college for normal children so with this information could I do something for my daughter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I didn't understand what dose mean mainstream school so my answer was wrong to your question about my daughter college. My daughter college is sixforme college for normal children so with this information could I do something for my daughter?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is mainstream.
You can still appeal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Do I have to call college and ask them for any letter why they don't accept my daughter?and where I have to Appel ?
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How long ago did this happen?