12826847

Car sold by salvage company without my prior consent or signing

Customer Question

Car sold by salvage company without my prior consent or signing any document,no authorisation given .Told there is no retraction Offer given ?to accept or take matter further?What.is the legal position please.
Background:-car reversed into mine when stationary,able to drive away nothing constructionally wrong.Car was collected by AW locally without assistance of a low loader.Eventually taken to Co -part Doncaster where it is waiting for collection by the new owner!!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Was a sale ever discussed by them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not believe it was My son told them it was not to be sold .I rang to tell both parties that I gave him full authority to speak to them on my behalf.&
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing more to add.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continue by email please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok will do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue by email
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
We will do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I have been asked to look at this for you. How did your car come to be with a salvage company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue use by email as I have not received any answer.
I notified my insurers---LV and was told they would arrange a collection by AW fromDuckmanton.The other option given (after I asked as it was originally offered there were two) the reply was was I could .have someone of my own choice I did not know of anyone,so AW collected.At this stage I fully expected my car to be able to be repaired and not be deemed as uneconomic ally beyond repair.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok
So how did your car come to be there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already sent reply to question 'How did it come to be there?'
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I can't see it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In answer to the question ?How did my car come to be there.Will try again, thanks
After the accident I rang insurers LV.They gave me two options 1for them to arrange assesment of vehicle or when questioned further seemed to hesitantly be given the second option which was to find someone myself,as I did not know of anyone I went for the offered option .That was when a rep. from AW collected my car .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you received my email to your last question of how my car came to be there as I have sent it 2/3 times B Bilton
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
What were the terms of the inspection?
Was it agreed that they would check with you before disposing of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand your response to ? I can't see it.Please explain ,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
When you agreed to an initial inspection, did you ask that they check with you before disposing of the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.I am not very good at this technology.As my son has the relevant paperwork and is sending me a copy by email this afternoon I hope to furnish you with your last
request as soon as possible.I will be in contact .
The crux of the matter is that I feel that an injustice has been done.
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. No problem.
Come back when you can. I will be online today at some point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Jo,Thankyou for your help I have decided to accept the offer given and will no longer be pursuing any claim.Therefore ,I wish you to consider the matter closed.
Kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.