75100385

How do i fill in a N181 form track court cas

Customer Question

Hi. How do i fill in a N181 form for multi track court case?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please an you explain your situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have a N181 claim form for a disrepair claim. I need to complete it and return to the court. There are some questions within the form that I do not understand. Could you help me complete the form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the defendant.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is not my area so I will opt out for others to answer. Good luck.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Which bit are you stuck on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Ales, thanks for the reply. The parts i'm confused about are the following:D3 - Have you reached agreement, either using the electric documents questionaire in practice Direction 31B or otherwise, about the scope and extent of disclosure of electronic documents on each side.I have not spoken to the claimant at all regarding this, so i'm assuming this is no, and we are likely to get no agreement on this. But I don't quite understand what they mean by the question.D4 - Disclosure of non-electronic documents. What directions are proposed for disclosure.Again, I don't understand what they mean by this question.It also asks if i have completed and served the N263 form. I've looked at the form and it asks served documents. Are there the documents that we served as a defence?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
D3 - tick no
D4 - this is for multi track - again dont worry about this. This will be for disclosure of emails etc in due course.
N263 - again disclosure wont have taken place yet. You dont need to worry about filling in this form.
In due course you will need to provide a list of documents that support or undermine your case. They are will need to be available to be inspected, even if you later do not use them. That is what disclosure is all about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With regards ***** ***** This is a multi track case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also with regards ***** ***** It asks, if there is no agreement and no agreement is likely, what are the issues about disclosure of electronic documents which the court need to address, and should they be dealt with at the case management conferance at a separate hearing. What shall i put into that box?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If they have been agreed - just put in this box that they have not been agreed. There is going to be a cost case management conference anyway because its Multi Track, so at this hearing the Judge will decide appropriate directions.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats brilliant thanks, ***** ***** question, on the court order ive been asked to "file proposed directions in accordance with CPR29.1(2) (whether or not agreed) with the Directions Questionnaire. What does that mean?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
This is for lawyers, it is a list of directions taking the case forward. As you are in person dont worry about this part.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fantastic. Thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure.