Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Chartered Surveyor Single Joint Expert in a building Dispute I

Chartered Surveyor Single Joint Expert in a building Dispute
I am the Claimant
Following Directions hearing Court Ordered both parties to engage a single joint expert by a certain date(last week)
The proposed expert got back saying he is too busy!
My instructions were sent separately as the defendant/builder did not agree for the expert to answer questions re standard of work carried out by them which I insisted should be answered.
There is no single joint expert available in near future in this remote area of Norfolk.
Am I required to make an application to the court to grant additional time, or just send a letter? to grant 3 month stay to find an expert.
Directions hearing has already taken place.
Defendants will not agree to mediation until a single joint expert has given their report confirming that builder has done a shoffy job,
Thank you for your advice
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
If you are unable to comply with a direction you will have to write to the court to inform them of the issues and request directions. However, if you are able to agree an extension of time with the other party then you can submit a consent order outlining a change in the directions.