12826847

My daughters was groomed on line the police ask the company

My daughters was groomed on line the police ask the company in Canada to release details Of the Perone identity they have refused is there anything that we can do ***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello where and how was she actually groomed?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I have been asked to look at this.
What is the nature of the grooming?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was groomed online with an app called kik. She did what he asked her to to he has pictures eat and he showed hi privates to her. The total time this went on was just over a year.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean she was in contact with somebody online?
How old is she?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter is 14 now but was 13 at the time. Yes she was in contact with this man online through the app called kik. Police Scotland asked them to tell them his details but they refused. The police have evidence of what this man has done I wanted to know if we could persure this company for an answer. They are protecting this man what about my daughter and all the children he will be still doing this to.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I see the problem.
Yes, you can ask. You have no power to force and therein lies the problem.
Come what may, they are outside of the jurisdiction which is the issue for the police. The other problem is that even if they do disclose this information if he is outside the jurisdiction the action fails.
So, in short, it is possible to ask but there is no power to force them I'm afraid.
If they were based in Scotland there would be powers for the police to seize information.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help it's very difficult for me and my husband to be so powerless
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I know.
Unfortunately that is what happens when Parliament creates offences that can't be enforced. The downside of Government by the ballot box is that politicians just pass laws that are vote winners rather than doing the right thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your heu
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Experience: Over 5 years in practice