29905560

I Have a penpal from russia wishing to travel to the uk for

Customer Question

I Have a penpal from russia wishing to travel to the uk for 45 day, but she has said that to obtain a visa she has to have a bank ballance of £4950.00 and has asked me for a lown of moneys, is this fact or a scam , would i beable to find out via the UK Russian embassy
Steve
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello have you met his person face to face before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we have not met face to face yet, this was intended as our meeting , but i am causious as it seems a lot of money , and i have been on holiday before and not had this issue,could i get advise or talk with someone from the Russian embassy UK or find out if the Russian embassy employee in Moscow is real ,
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello whilst there is no specific amount that a person is required to have in their bank accounts they would be expected to show that they do have the financial means to support themselves whilst they are in the country. So before a Visa is granted UK immigration authorities are likely to want to see some evidence such as bank statements which showed that the person can support themselves whilst visiting. You can check the official list of documents required for a visitor Visa application here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/423699/2015_04_20_Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_Final__2__-_CLEAN.pdf
As you can see there is no specific amount mentioned in there so the fact that this person is asking for a very specific amount does make it look rather suspicious. Together with the even more suspicious fact that they’re asking you to provide that money I will be very careful about proceeding any further. I would never send that amount of money to a stranger I have never met in person before and regardless of how long you have been communicating there is still a huge risk if you decided to send the money. I would therefore strongly recommend that you do not send any money to this person and try to find other ways of meeting up whether it is you going over there or allowing them more time to try and find the funds themselves.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it would be an idea to ask her to send me copies of documents then check , but i am suspicous , thankyou for your advise Ben
kind regardsSteve
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, hope you get a satisfactory outcome in the end