75100385

Our local council tax are now charging the landlord

Our local council tax are now charging the landlord for council tax if a person leaves early during the months statuary notice (which they give) unless it states something in the contract.
I just want to add a line in the contract to protect our landlords.
At present our contract says
pay the council r any replacement tax in respect of the property for the term of this agreement unless the tenancy is lawfully terminated.
The council are saying that if and when it goes into a periodic tenancy this doe snot apply. So want a line saying the tenant is responsible for the council tax for the whole period including the month notice when the contract turns into a periodic contract.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
So the tenant is leaving early and you want to know whether you or the tenant are liable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.No I just want a line that that i can add to my contract to make sure the tenant are liable for the council up to the last day of the notice given in a perodic AST.So at present it says in our contract.pay the counciltax or any replacement tax in respect of the property for the term of this agreement unless the tenancy is lawfully terminated.I want add something likeIncluding if the tenanncy goes into a periodic tenancy. If the tenancy is in a periodic tenancy the tenant is responsible for the council up to the last day of the notice( even if the tenant moves out early)will that be ok? Or is there a better way of putting it .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You can say
The tenant will be responsible for any council tax or replacement council tax until the end of the tenancy agreement or rental period whichever is longer.
That way if they leave on a periodic it's the rental period which is the longer one.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?