Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

The Land Registry has advised me my wife is registering an

The Land Registry has advised me my wife is registering an interest in the property I bought outright and currently own and which we shared until I moved out. But I don't think she has told them she owns outright her former home, which she is renting out.
Will her application be successful?
Thanks, Steve.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
As the property appears to be the former matrimonial home then she is able to apply to register her matrimonial home rights which would have arisen as a result of the marriage. Having a different property does not discharge her matrimonial home rights.
I am not sure why the land registry would register your interest as this is not necessary if you already own it - it is likely a mistake as they may have misunderstood what you were raising.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks.