75100385

I have been in a small rented office years as an employee,

I have been in a small rented office for two years as an employee, paid for by a company i worked for. I also have my own company that paid half of the rental cost per month. Both in the same office. The property owner has a lease agreement with a two month break clause for both my own company and that of the company that employs me (half cost each). I signed both agreements as an employee and a director of the other. I have ensured I have paid my own companies part of the cost from my own comany each month and the company I work for have paid each month their half from their account. The company I work for suddenly stopped their payments. I therefore paid the 2 months missed payments from my own company account to support their half and have been paying In full each month as the landlord said if payment are not met in full, i would be out! I am trying to claim the loss to the company I worked for as I assume as the lease was in two seperate company names, 50% is their responsibility and they have not given notice to the landlord. I am concerned that as I have paid this supposed debt off from my own company, that the company I worked for, are leaving without any liability. Basically I paid their share and I ask if I can claim this back from the company I worked for as I in fact, had to pay this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
Yes you can claim it back from the other company.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wow that was fast! Can I claim as a third party to the small claims court (it's a 2k claim), or do I need to drag the property owner in. Basically, I have essentially paid the companies rent myself, although I was not on the lease agreement for their share. I assume as I paid this debt I am now chasing this debt myself? Would a judge say that as I paid this myself and that the property owner is paid up, that it's my personal problem?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If you have paid it then yes, you have a claim.
That is why you can claim
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.