12826847

My husband has had DOLS placed on him since he was in intensive

Customer Question

My husband has had DOLS placed on him since he was in intensive care. We the family were not involved or inforned of this procedure. He had a cardiac arrest as a result he is still suffering from some short term memory prblems plus has an irregular heartbeat which is being managed with medication. We have been excluded from any decisions regarding my husband and have been told there is a possibilty he will be moved to a facility a long distance from where we live. This would mean very limited contact. My husband is already showing sigbs of deoression due to being confined. He has never veen in trounble with the kaw but is now being treated worse than a crinimal.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old is your Husband and has he ever signed a Lasting Power of Attorney?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 68. He has not signed a Lasting Power Of Attorney. We had never heard
about DOLS or informed about it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am aware that these are beginning to cause serious problems.How long has he been in intensive care and what is his current mental capacity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has been diagnosed as suffering from post traumatic amnesia but is slowly getting his memory back. He was in intensive care for 2 weeks but is on a cardiology ward at present.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do the doctors believe that he has Mental Capacity?