29905560

Regarding the new Law on " Cooling off periods " Does this

Regarding the new Law on " Cooling off periods " Does this Law also apply to bespoke purchases like Conservatories
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you had the work done yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want a simple answer to my question. I signed a contract and nine days later I cancelled and the Company wants me to pay £3900.00 for cancelling outside the " 7day cooling off period"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can't I get an answer from someone. I've just paid £47.00 for nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry i do have to check the relevant law as it is very new and read through the sections carefully, so I will get back to you shortly
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
So there are a couple of pieces of legislation which will be relevant here. One is the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which covers contracts of services, such as the building of a conservatory in your case. The Act does not allow contracts for services to be cancelled and only gives you rights if the tradesman has not adhered to what was initially agreed or has breached their contract in some other way. You would then have to look at the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. These Regulations apply to contracts for sales conducted on the trader’s business premises, off the trader’s premises (e.g. at the consumer’s home) and at a distance (e.g. online). All types of transactions are subject to the requirement by the trader to issue the consumer with specific pre-contractual information, as long as it is not a contract entered off the trader’s remises for a value of less than £42. In terms of cancellation rights, these only apply to off-premises and distance contracts, subject to some limited exceptions (such as personalised goods). The statutory cancellation periods are as follows:· Services – 14 days after the day the contract was entered into· Goods – 14 days after the day the goods came into the physical possession of the consumer The exception I mentioned deals with contracts for “the supply of goods that are made to the consumer’s specifications or are clearly personalised”. So if the conservatory was bespoke and actually manufactured to your own specifications, rather than something which was already made and was going to be adjusted to fit, then you will probably not be able to cancel as it will fall within this exception. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you