12826847

I live in scotland and have received a notice of intended court

I live in scotland and have received a notice of intended court action from DRP regarding a Parking invoice of £135 from Parking eye. I've read a lot on line saying to ignore it as they will never go to court. Is this true?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you prepared to risk costs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, that is an issue.
The reality is that it is not likely they would sue. If you are wiling to ignore it then the chances are that you will just get some stroppy letters and they will throw their hand in.
But they may sue. If they do then you can always put them to proof but you may lose. This is not likely but it could happen.
If it does then you will be liable for costs. That would only be about £35 plus fixed solicitors costs of £50. But it is a risk.
The short answer is the odds are in your favour but nobody can guarantee the outcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm willing to take the chance as the costs are not too high. I would probably go down the line that the car had broken down should it go to court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Obviously you can only tell the truth.
but if you put them to proof then you will probably succeed.