29905560

We are trying to dispose of our Diamond Resorts points .We

We are trying to dispose of our Diamond Resorts points .We are not looking to resell as we know they are worthless just want out,also we are not interested in claiming compensation for miss selling. We just need an idea of the cost of terminating our contract?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you contacted the resort to ask about the option of terminating the contract early?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried to contact them but not received a reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked at internet forums which discuss this and the companies are reluctant to take back as its not in their best interests
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that the news will not necessarily be good. Disposing of a timeshare or holiday club membership is an extremely difficult process these days, mainly because supply is much greater than demand. The timeshare industry had a huge boom some years ago and everyone was keen on getting involved, only to discover years later that they had signed up to something they rarely used or that they could no longer keep up with the fees. As timeshare agreements rarely allow for an easy termination, the following are the only realistic options for trying to dispose of a timeshare: 1. Sell to another consumer – this is rather difficult, because as mentioned supply is much greater than demand. I should also mention that there are many scams offering to dispose of a share and you must be very careful not to get involved with anyone that asks you for any fees in advance, whatever reasons they use. 2. Return the ownership to the resort - some resorts offer an exit programme for their members, subject to certain conditions, fees, etc. However, as this varies from one resort to another, you need to check with your own resort to see if this is an option. 3. Walk away from the membership – simply stopping payments and ignoring any further requests for payment. However, this is somewhat risky because some resorts have taken non-paying members to court. Still, not every resort does that so it is worth doing further research to see if yours is a resort that has taken legal action in the past. 4. Claiming misrepresentation or breach of contract - this could make the original contract unenforceable and it could be cancelled now without further liability. For example, if you were promised certain things that have not materialised or the resort has acted in breach of the terms of the agreement you could try and cancel the contract by arguing it is now void due to this. However, that will not always succeed, especially if the alleged breach is not serious enough and you are relying on trivial reasons. So as you can see there are only a handful of options open to you. There are thousands of other people just like you and unless they find a breakthrough, the majority just continue with their memberships and write this off as a bad decision. I wish I could give you a guaranteed way of exiting, however I’m afraid that simply does not exist and this is evidenced by the large number of other 'victims' of the timeshare industry who are struggling in the same position as you. So to answer your question, there is no direct way of finding out the costs involved in terminating your contract. There is no such service unless the resort actually allows you to do so and if they do they could decide to agree some kind of settlement. Otherwise, if you terminate it without their consent you will be acting in breach of contract and potentially could be pursued by them for damages although not all resort go that far. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am able to confirm that in fact Diamond will take back the points in exchange for two years worth of Service Charge.You can contact the UK head office via the website or via one of the UK sites face to face (they will try and dissuade you of ocurse)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, as you can see Diamond can potentially consider taking the points back which was my point 2 above but you need to do this directly with them. So before you give up or consider other options I suggest you try and do all you can to contact them and negotiate over this
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'