12826847

My company has a 6-monthly incentive scheme that is

Customer Question

My company has a 6-monthly incentive scheme that is offered to its field sales emplyees. The incentive states that if a sales manager achieves a minimum number of new customer signings within the 6 month qualifying period the you will receive enhanced commission for the following 6 months compared to standard commission payments if you do not qualify.
Our current incentive runs from July 2015 to December 2015 inclusive. At present I am well on course to achieve the incentive scheme target however my employer has today announced, with only 1 month to go, that they are increasing the target quite substantially given that there is little time remaining. This increase will mean that many of my colleagues, and myself included, are not likely to fall short.
I have achieved the set target every 6 months since 2013 however because of this increased target at the 11th hour, so to speak, I am likely to miss this.
This is very unfair and unreasonable. But is it legal for them to 'move the goalposts' at such a late stage in the incentive?
Many thanks and regards
Lee
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since July 2011
Do the terms of the incentive state they can change it like that?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my follow up query above - Do the terms of the incentive state they can change it like that?