How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I had a ccj in Dec 07 . Have been paying £150 since

Customer Question

I had a ccj in Dec 07 for 16k. Have been paying £150 since Feb 08. The solicitors want to charge an interest rate of 22% on the debt. Is this legal? Also by now I should have cleared the debt. If I had missed any payments the debt would have been enforced through the charging order restriction on my property. I have been paying via online banking and can get statements dating back only 6 years. I have sent form N443 to the court. Can I stop making further payments? Or will they enforce the charging order restriction on the jointly owned property? The next payment will be leaving my account on the 21st
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What rate did the court order please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was no rate mentioned by the court. the solicitors letter mentions 22% IS THIS LEGAL?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What did they plead in the particulars of claim against you? Any interest?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello will you be calling today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They had 22% on their letters as metioned. Is this not too high as the debt would only increase every year. The debt amount was £16098.06 including interest and costs. Can I stop paying
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi please let me know if you will be calling today. Hope you got my number
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Can you give me say about 45 mins?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the form N244 is for setting judjement aside? is it the same form for getting overpaid money back? And the fee is £155
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No n244 isn't just for judgment set aside its for applications generally.