12826847

My daughter is 5 years old and got involved in a fight

Hi, My daughter is 5 years old and got involved in a fight at school, one of the girls kicked her in the genital area. Without contacting myself or my wife for consent 2 female teachers asked my daughter to undress and had a look at that area to see if she was bruised. My wife confronted the headteacher about it and he said it was school policy. Is this against the law?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I clicked the call button by accident, I written response in fine, Ideally within the next 60 minutes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.
No, there is nothing unlawful in this. They are under a duty to provide first aid and they don't need your permission to do so as they are in loco parentis.
There is no suggestion there is anything sexual in this as that would be unlawful. This is a proportionate response to an incident to the genitalia that could indeed have caused injury.
It may or may not be school policy. I think probably what they mean is that it is school policy to have two persons so that their staff are protected from allegations which is sensible as they are vulnerable. However, it is not unlawful to examine an area that has sustained injury.