Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My parents have owned the property they live in years

Customer Question

My parents have owned the property they live in for 30 years in the garden there is a power supply pole. I have contacted western power distribution and they have replied saying they will start paying wayleave in January plus statutory 6 years arrears. is this as much as can be expectef
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. I regret to say that after six years any debt plus interest becomes statute barred through lapse of time. So, I regret to say you will not be able to enforce a claim for anything more than six years arrrears from Western Power. This is because anything beyond this time frame is time barred under the Statute of Limitation 1980. So I regret to say that six years is as much as can be expected, as you cannot go to court and force payment of all 30 years arrears as they are time barred.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. PLease RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer, your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any more questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** big Companies will get away with paying as little as possible so it is worth knowing we have been treated fairly.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. You are right. You need to be alert to your rights.