12826847

I lived with my ex years done up the house paid money

I lived with my ex for 4 years done up the house paid money towards the rent and furnished the place can I claim anything back
Not if you lived there. You were paying towards the rent which would have had to be paid elsewhere.
In relation to furnishings that it is different. You cannot claim for decoaration works as that has become part of the property but you may have a claim for actual items of furniture if you were the only one who paid for them.
However, the reality is that, even if they were very expensive when purchased, the value would have declined now after four years substantially and it might not be worth the cost of action.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi jo can I ask you one more question please don't judge me .
We had an argument last year and the police got involved I ended up on bail , however we sorted it out even though I wasn't supposed to see her we did for months it went to court and she completely done me over and now I have a restraining order and do not see her , obv now I cannot see her at all not do o want to but she has got me arrested recently for breach of restraining order which I was not guilty of doing but she is unhappy I am seeing someone else and wants me to get into trouble , I go to court again in December and was thinking of saying about me and her seeing each other and stuff while on bail previously will that help or get me in more trouble
Yes, of course she did this deliberately. There is not much genuine abuse in the UK. Mostly it is just people being childish. If they had to pay to summons up the police I don't believe we would ever hear about domestic abuse again.
But don't have anything to do with her. She will just encourage breaches until you have a row and then report them. It is another form of abuse but women do it all the time.
Just move on and find yourself a normal girlfriend who doesn't have a background of being a victim when she can't have what she wants.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks jo ur a star
No problem.
All the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.