12826847

Good evening. I am a victim of adult molestation from NHS employees

Good evening. I am a victim of adult molestation from NHS employees in a historical context. I brought my matter to the Police and NHS trust involved. The Police waited for the NHS to investigate, who duly just took the perpetrators word for it. The Police will only investigate the nature of the NHS investigation. I have been referred to the parliamentary ombudsmen with whom I will take the matter further. I was hoping to know what other processes there are to get the matter properly investigated and resolved in making sure the perpetrators are legally dealt with? Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The police can investigate your report. However, the fact that the NHS, on a much lower standard of proof, have dismissed it is a problem from which you cannot hide.
I'm afraid it is not likely that it would lead to a prosecution in those circumstances.
You can make a complaint about it but you cannot force them to prosecute I'm afraid as they have a wider duty to the public, taxpayer's money and to justice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Could you please clarify lower standard of proof.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To bring a criminal prosecution there has to be proof beyond all reasonable doubt.
any form of internal investigation is just more likely than not. If the NHS thought it was not likely then the Crown is not going to think that they can prove it on the higher standard.