Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

At what age would a judge grant overnight contact to a child

Customer Question

At what age would a judge grant overnight contact to a child , my ex is trying to get overnight contact my child is just turned 2 and never slept away from home , he has daytime contact at the moment 6 hours on a Sunday he also has a history of violence and drug abuse
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
It is not necessarily an issue of age but more in relation to the child's needs and the mother's ability to meet those needs and provide him with good enough care during that time.
It is reasonable to gradually increase contact from weekly, to extended periods of day contact to then to overnight contact if she has been able to demonstrate that there are no concerns when your son is with her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the case if the other parent has history of violence and drug abuse
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
When was the most recent concern and incident of violence or drug abuse?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.