Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My brother has went to see a solicitor with our father. Made

My brother has went to see a solicitor with our father. Made up lies about me and what I have done. His solicitor has sent me a letter demanding an apology and for me to pay £450. The question is..... can anyone walk into a solicitors, tell the solicitor this & that and have the solicitor demand whatever???
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What are you being asked to pay £450 for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Costs for my brother to make his house more secure. Because of threats he said we made.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok so you are saying there is no truth in the allegation? If a person goes to see a solicitor and makes a complaint against another person then the solicitor will take their word at face value and will write a letter, if they think there is a legal claim, to avoid brining court proceedings. The best course of action for you, if you are saying the claims are baseless is either to ignore the letter completely or to respond to say that you deny all allegations and are not prepared to pay the sum of money. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you taratil. We thought that it would be best to ignore the letter. Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site, all the best and do come back to me in the future if you need to.