Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

There i at present employed at Man Airport and the company

Hi There i at present employed at Man Airport and the company are trying to sack me for gross misconduct on the grounds of duty of care an employee took himself off work drove home and then had a stroke without informing us that he went home after reciving a phone call asking questions about him they are saying i was unhelpful un co-opertive and lacked a duty of care to an employee i have been on suspension now for 3 months can you help please
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
26 years but 22 years full time
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi can you tell me if this is the first time you have had an issue and what exactly the allegation is, and how they deem it is gross misconduct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what they are saying is after reciving a phone call to ascertain information on a colleague who was unwell my attitude and lack of cooperation lead to a serious breach of performance and standards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and safety responsibilities and may of delayed the diagnosis of treatment for a colleague