Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

25yrs i,ve been in my job bullied 10yrs ago while my wife was

25yrs i,ve been in my job bullied 10yrs ago while my wife was dying of a brain tumour the Royal Mail didn,t deal with it properly nor did the CWU and just wept the manager and area manager aside and tried to bury tit under the carpet now i,ve been bullied again by a different manager and he alleges that i,ve assaulted him i,ve asked for a crime number and the office to which the offence was reported , manager said at a recent hearing you,ve only got a case if we sack you , Royal Mail,s way of applying pressure but i don,t want or need a union to fight my case just look at the somerset strike action in Bridgwater union get in volved no strike funny that , it recently has come to light that the hours i do at work there,s an email saying he can,t dated 2013 ,i,m so messed up i don,t know what to do next can you help
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a specialist employment solicitor, have you raised a grievance about any of these events?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes and i,ve heard nothing because i have this email which states from 2013 the 20hrs i currently do it states in no uncertain terms he can,t
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
I'm not clear what he is trying to do with your hours, please can you explain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have a manager who says i,ve assaulted him which i,ve not ,i am at the moment of going through there conduct code i,ve asked for a crime number and the station where the assault was reported to police but a leading manager stated in an recent hearing with a witness i,ve only got a case if we the Royal Mail sack you
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have got that part so are you asking if you have a criminal case or an employment law case against the employer?
What has this got to do with the email about 20 hours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it seems i have been working for the Royal Mail on a 20 hr contract with out ever signing one i,ve still 40 hr one , i was bulled when my wife was dying of a brain tumour 10yrs ago instead of dealing with it then they gave me 20 hrs to keep quiet now my 20 hrs don,t work , the amount of bullying i,ve had recently is beyond a joke
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they haven,t mention wether it,s criminal or employment related i think they just want this to go away
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
So are you saying you want to work 40 hours not 20?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don,t know what there saying the whole thing is confusing
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
I have made a request to talk to you on the phone as I can't really understand what is happening with your employer from what you are typing on here.
All that I can advise you to do is to raise a formal grievance about the way you have been bullied and treated by your employer. You should say that the treatment is having an impact on your health and safety and your employer is in breach of the duty to care for your health and safety.
You can potentially bring a personal injury claim against your employer in the event that you are still employed and their treatment is affecting your health.
The criminal issue is a matter for the police and CPS to decide if they will pursue. They don't tend to get involved in employment matters.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thankyou for your help you have been most helpful
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
No problem, please do remember to rate my answer before leaving the site.
Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will and thank you jenny this company does what it wants to who it wants not this time but thank you for your very valuable help
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
No problem at all Johnie, if you need any further help with this please do come back to me in the future.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you i will