12826847

My daughter who is in 2nd year studying law at kings college,

Customer Question

my daughter who is in 2nd year studying law at kings college, and is therefore poor working hard and struggling went to vodafone for broadband for herself at her student house.The sales person recommended a drongo instead of ordinary broadband and said this would be great for her studying the price was £20.00 per month plus £16.99 line rental.She purchased this October 23rd and was at home in Brighton for 1 week using my broadband.She asked in the shop if broadband was capped and was told it was and to keep an eye online.The online service tab to look at acc is not great but as it was capped (or so she thought) and she was only using it at home for studying and some social useage she was staggered to get a bill for £368.70 on the 19th November.She went back to the shop to be told no one in the shop would have told her it would be capped as this is not vodafone policy and refused to listen or help.Unfortunately there were rats in my daughters student flat and in having to leave the flat in a hurry she has lost a a bag with the receipt and paperwork she signed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are we legally obliged to pay this money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry are you there Jo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, it depends upon what was agreed.
The chances are that you probably are. I know that Vodafone don't offer caps and anyway there wasn't a cap on this particular dongal.
You could argue that there was a misrepresentation at the time of sale but if there isn't some evidence of that then that is a problem. In addition to that the account was capable of being viewed online.
If you complain to Vodafone they might well write some of it off. The customer services department won't be the higher management might. However, that is really only a courtesy in the interests of good business.
The reality is that they are unlikely to sue anyway but what they will do is add a default to her credit account. That might be a concern or it might not. It depends if she intends borrowing money in the next six years. It is generally to be avoided.
Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.