75100385

I have booked a cruise with Regent Cruise Line via a Cruise Agency. The cruise is inclusiv

Customer Question

I have booked a cruise with Regent Cruise Line via a Cruise Agency. The cruise is inclusive of air fares. Regent confirmed the airline bookings in August but e - tickets were not provided until October - after I complained to them that I could not reserve seats. The second out bound leg connection from Dubai to Cape Town appears to be overbooked in business class ( where we have confirmed reservations but no seat allocation ). Who is liable if my wife and I are denied boarding - the cruise Line, the cruise agent or the airline? Can I ensure that the responsible party takes steps now to prevent us being denied boarding?
Peter F
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have travel insurance please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My travel insurance only covers direct flights to and from the UK
The airline would be responsible. This is because they are deny boarding and not the agents or tour operator. You can't stop the airline from deny boarding but in reality they always oversell seats - because people do not turn up. Even if they are oversold people may be upgraded to first class or they will ask for volunteers.
But it would be the airline any claim would be against. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But surely as my contract is with the cruise line, they are obliged to use their reasonable endeavours to ensure that we are seated. They know about the potential problem so should they not be doing something?
Yes but they are not the ones denying boarding. All airlines overbook so even if you had booked with the airline direct you could be faced with this.
It is not possible to guarantee a seat with any airline, the terns would allow a change, just as your terms with the operator will allow for changes.
Does that clarify?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/