ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I am based in Greece and need to have a ccj issued against

I am based in Greece and need to have a ccj issued against someone for non payment of goods ordered online. The man concerned keeps promising payment but doesn't follow through. I have a recorded message of him ordering the goods and assuring payment on receipt but he still refuses to pay.
I first want a letter sent to him advising him that failure to pay for the goods will result in a ccj being issued against him and the penalties he will incur on his credit ratings.
The man concerned is high profile on Lindeding and a depot manager for an international company. He is crearly playing games with no intention of paying his debt.
I am perfectly happy to pay up-front for any action taken. Presumably additional costs will be added to his outstanding debt of 940 GBP.
I look forward to an early response.
My regards, *****
HDHT Athens, Greece.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is the defendant based in the UK? Where did the sale take place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jenne,
He is based in the UK. I am based in Greece and he purchased goods from Greece for delivery in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to verify. The goods were already in the UK, on loan to another of out patients. That patient then posted the goods to the defendant who also lives in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As mentioned previously, I have a recorded phone conversation of the defended ordering the goods and agreeing payment on receipt. This is purely a case of acquiring goods under false pretences as far a I am concerned.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
Please may I ask - have you issued an invoice for the goods?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Caroline,No I haven't issued an invoice as the goods were supplied at cost. So I sent him an email to prove he was paying costs with a copy of the transaction included, along with a copy of the duty paid for the goods that came from the US.My regards,Mal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add to my last info, the instrument supplied was a demo model and was supplied to him for half the price of new unit advertised on my website. The demo model was on-loan to another of our hair transplant patients based in the UK, who then posted the unit to the defendant on my request.My feeling are that the debtor will pay as soon as he receives a letter telling him that a CCJ is being issued against him. He is very high profile on Linkedin is depot manager with his company which is a well known international company. I am convinced that a solicitors letter with a threat of having a CCJ against him is all that is needed to acquire payment. As a UK base solicitor, presumably you are well placed to action my request?My regards, *****
Thank you for your response.
Just to clarify - your contract was with this individual for him to pay for the goods at cost price and he never paid you and your emails confirm this - is this correct?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Sorry just seen your extra post - I cannot send a letter for you because this site is information. I am a Solicitor and can provide you with a template as to what you should write but I cannot send a letter for you on letter headed paper - is this what you need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that's precisely what I need. A letter from a solicitor in the UK. Can you recommend a solicitor I can use?
Its best to choose a Solicitor near the defendants home address.
If the Respondent doesnt pay after sending one letter - then you should issue a claim at court. This is simple to do and if the defendant doesnt respond to your claim within 14 days then you can apply for automatic judgement and then enforcement.
If he does try to defend the claim - the case will be transferred to his local county court.
If you let me know where he is based - I will search the law society and find a local solicitor for you.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, his home address is in Hayes, Middlesex.Thanks,Mal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure whether I mentioned it, I'm based in Greece
Thanks Malcolm
I will search for you now. This will take me a few minutes.
You can still utilise the UK courts - as the Defendant lives here.
A quick call with a UK solicitor and they will send a letter - the letters are very standard so this shouldn't cost you very much.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Caroline, Presumably I will be able to recoup any costs from the defendant?I look forward to hearing back from you with a solicitor who specialises in debt recovery.My regards,Mal.
Hello Malcom
Try these:
MTG Solicitors
Warley Chambers
2nd Floor
Warley Road
Hayes
Middlesex
UB4 0PU
Phone:(###) ###-####3964
Fax:(###) ###-####2800
http://www.mtgsolicitors.com/Services-For-Business/Commercial-Litigation/Debt-Recovery.shtml#.VlDsX1XhDnB
or
Hillingdon Law Centre
Tel(###) ###-####9400
Email***@******.***
Web:www.hillingdonlaw.org.uk
Head office Address:*****
Hayes,
Middlesex,
UB3 4QW,
England
or
Pride Solicitors Limited
Tel: 0203(###) ###-####
Email***@******.***
Head office Address: Unit 12 West Point, *****
Hounslow,
Middlesex,
TW4 7HW,
England
As this is a small claim - you will be able to claim fixed costs.
Kind Regards
Caroline
If you have found this service useful - please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our time
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery