Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My name is***** and I live with one man years

Hi my name is***** and I live with one man for 4 years and we bought a house together but the deposit for the house was mine and now he left the house and now call me force me to sell the house I have a 13 years old son and I can't afford to move to rent a house more expensive just because he wants money please can you tell me what should I do what rights I have thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
You are entitled to make an application to court under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 in order for the court to decide whether you and your son should remain living in the property. The court will consider your sons needs, your needs and your ex-partner's needs as well as both of your financial resources when deciding whether to grant and order allowing you to remain in the property for the benefit of your son until he finishes education.
However, I would suggest that you initially attend mediation with an independent mediator to try to reach an agreement with your ex-partner's. You can find local mediators here: http://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiWe do need a little more information to give you the best replyHow much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?How much was the deposit that you paid
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not and you found the information provided helpful please could you rate my response positive so that the question can be closed.
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters