13262538

Im after some advice please, Over the last 2-3 months

Customer Question

Hello im after some advice please, Over the last 2-3 months my father became ill, after being banded from dr to specialist and back again no one could agree what was wrong, cancer was ruled out at the start. He was in and out of hospital all summer and towards the end, a month ago, he was diagnosed with liver cancer and was told theres nothing they can do and was sent home to die. Even though they gave up I wasn't going to, so I set about finding some cannabis oil which I had learnt a few years ago can kill cancer cells, after a few weeks of research I had learnt a great deal. The oil I needed is illegal in this country because of the THC which is the part that destroys cancer. I was recommended a dispenser/shop in the US and again did some research to see if he was legit. So by about the 9th November I had to make a choice, either we sit back and watch my father die or I bite the bullet and order some oil, which I did, it was posted and due to arrive on Saturday 14th November in the afternoon, unfortunately my father passed away on that morning about 7am which as you can understand was devastating, about 11.30 am I receive an email from the guy in the US saying that the package had been stopped at heathrow and he had 2 mails from customs. He said he was in contact with his insurance to find out the options, I mailed back saying that my father had passed and that tbh the money I had spent wasn't really at the forefront of my mind at that present time and never heard anything back. On Wednesday 18th November I received a mail from him saying have I heard from customs or the NCA which I replied I hadn't and could he forward the mail which had supposed to been sent to me. The mail basically said that they would be looking at the arrest of my father as this was the address I had used, but the email and telephone number supplied was mine, so im not sure why they havnt contacted me directly. There were a few other things about the mail which I found odd, there was no heading or title on the mail saying it was from the NCA just an email and address, secondly they used my fathers Christian name as his sir name even though it quite clearly gives his full name at the bottom of the mail. The mail also says that the supplier in the US would be able to help with a lawyer. Im not sure where I stand with this, have I been scammed or is this real and I could be arrested for trying to save my father life with a natural plant extract, as you can understand its a very stressful time with that passing of my father let alone this on top now aswell.
Thanks for any help
Jon
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your quetsionMy name is ***** ***** I am very sorry for your lossI am afraid that you are indeed the victim of a scam Yes you were breaking the law - but if action were being taken you would have been speaking to the Police not receiving emailsSince it is doubtful that the "seller" actually sent anything you have relatively little to fearI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for your help, they guy does know his stuff and is very extensive, I will copy and paste the mail sent to me from the NCA for you to look over, I also have all correspondence with the guy aswell.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: National Crime Agency
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 9:34 AM
Subject: Fw: Possible Drug Smuggle
To:***@******.***Mr Peter,This is the National Crime Agency . We wish to call to your attention on a file that was recently forwarded to our office from Rt Hon. Mike Penning office to investigate plus do a possibly back ground check on you for attempting to smuggle drugs into the United Kingdom.The use of illegal drugs, particularly Class A, impacts on the social and economic well being of the country, including its reputation overseas. The Government’s organized crime strategy sets out that drug trafficking to the UK costs an estimated £10.7 billion per year. Drug smuggling by organized criminals is a major threat. Class A drugs, specifically heroin, cocaine, cannabis,crack cocaine and ecstasy, are widely available throughout the UK.The UK illegal drugs market remains extremely attractive to organized criminals. The prices charged at street level are some of the highest in Europe, and are sufficient to repay the costs of smuggling the drugs into the UK.The traditional distinction between international importers and the UK-based wholesalers is becoming more blurred, with some regional wholesalers traveling to the continent to arrange their own imports.British organized criminals are active at all levels of the UK drugs trade, from importing to street-level distribution. A large number of foreign nationals are also heavily involved in the illegal drugs trade in the UK. Some have cultural and familial ties to the countries the drugs come from or travel through – this makes it easier for them to take major roles in the trade.The Organized Crime command leads the NCA's fight against drugs.We commenced preliminary investigation on you and collected some factual evidence in the recent cannabis smuggling you were involved between the United Kingdom and the United states. All the evidence will only be presented in court.We're only contacting you to let you know you'll be needing a crime defense attorney to defend you in court once investigation has been completed and we granted warrant of arrest to proceed with your arrest. This could earn you 5-10 years jail term unless your drug smuggling agents in the United State provide an experience crime defense attorney.This investigation will be complete within a week, if by the time we finish our investigation next week , your drug trafficking agents in the United States happen to have provided you with a crime defense attorney, the lawyer will have to send us an appeal to prevent your arrest and awaiting trial before your case due day.Reports from the preliminary investigation on your suppliers in the United states show they're a fast growing company, they should be able to render you some assistance. We have all your information in our system.Mr Peter Summerill
11 Rushworth Close,
Chelteenham Glos, GL51 0JR
United Kingdom
Home +441242 321404Mobile +447821 053096Email:***@******.***SincerelyVictorineUnits 1 - 6 Citadel Place,
Tinworth Street,
London SE11 5EF
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
yes it is clever - but the poor use of English rather gives it away once you strip out the parts which are direct quotes from media statements on drugs