75100385

A court case in Jourdan. The otherside submitted a letter on

Customer Question

A court case in Jourdan. The otherside submitted a letter on a headed paper from the the University College London Hospitals as evidence in the court. The letter is addressed to whom it may concern. I have reasons to believe that this document or its contents are NOT genuine. I need to verify this document. I sent a copy to Human resources in University College London Hospitals asking them to verify the letter. But HR said they can not comment on the letter because the Data Protection Act.
I wrote to person who issued the letter. I did not receive an answer from him. But I received an email from the otherside saying that they received a copy of the letter in question and and my request of verification from the office of the person who issued the letter in question. They also said I was trying to breach the Data protection Act and requesting I do not approach anybody.
What I can do in law to verify such letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you saying the whole letter is false or the person who meant to send it did not actually do so?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe 100% the contents are false.I also believe the person who issued the letter is not authorized to issue such letter. or the signature is forgery.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You have 2 options:
1) Get the person who is relying on the letter to give authorisation for the University to discuss the letter with you. This then wont be a breach of Data Protection
2) Get the document examined by a Court expert. They can compare signatures and writing if necessary to see whether it has been forged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person who is relying on the letter is refusing to give autorization and the University would not even comment on the letter at all without authorization.The person signed the letter did not answer any email I sent him.In Jordan courts, the side who says a document from the otherside is not genuine, needs to proof that the letter is not genuine. This is easy in Jordan if the letter is issued from Jordan, as there is no Data Protection Act. In our case the letter was issued from the UK.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then you need to seek a Court order making them give authorisation or allowing you to contact the University.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean in UK Court. if so:
How I go about that. Which forms I need to fill and what type of case I need to issue.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Form N208:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n208-eng.pdf
And N244:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244-eng.pdf
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I send you the letter in dispute, can you fill the form and how much you charge for that?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I can't - you would need to engage a Solicitor for that as I can't be instructed on the site.
I am sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, understand. But this is a claim for money, I am not claiming any money. so what shall I write.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You just need to say you want an Order for the person to provide authorisation for you to contact University HR.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I issue request for order against the person relying on the letter and person who issued the letter (both) or one of them.
Because I need to verify also the person who issued the letter is authorized to issue such letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes the person relying on it and the University itself.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for the university staff
can I use his office address, as i do not know his home address
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you must issue at office address and name the University as Defendant, not the person himself.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the Defendants are:
The person relying on the letter with his home address
The Staff name who signed the letter with his office addres
The University HR with their address
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No.
1) person relying
2) the university
You can't name the individual as a Defendant as the University would be liable for the actions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK.
But I did not under how the University would be liable for actions. What do you mean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I need to fill both forms at the same time Form N208: & N244:For The University I use the HR address or shall I ask for their Legal Department.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Because if it was sent on behalf of a university an employer is liable for actions of an employee.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like I fill Form N208 first
Then after judjement I fill this form N244Am I Right?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No because you are making an application within proceedings.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person relying on the letter has an old Address which he may moved
But the letter in question says he is full time researcher at a hospital in UCLH. ( I know he is not)I assume I can put his claimed work address in the court forms. Is this OK?The reason, no matter what address I put he will claim he did not receive the court papers and / or he is not living at that address.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can use the work address.
Is that ok?
Als
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Final question.
The court in Amman is a divorce case between the person relying on the letter in question and his wife.
His wife is my cousin's daughter. Do I need any authorization from her to apply to the court in the UK to verify the letter in question.Please note, the letter in question is addressed "To whom it may concern"If I need a consent, in what form such consent?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have received this from uclh,
“If Dr M Y was or is an employee of UCLH he will be able to directly request confirmation of employment (known as a Certificate of Employment) from the HR department. This will then be an official Trust document confirming employment status, over what time period and in what capacity.”I appreciate court proceedings can be difficult for those involved, however the above is the only way in which the Trust HR department will confirm employment for a staff member. Unfortunately we are unable to assist further than this.But I want to verify the contents of the letter as well. I strongly believe the letter is forgery.
The letter is on official headed paper for uclh and signed by a member of staff from uclh.What I can do to verify the letter and its contents are either genuine or forgery?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
See above advice. You will need a Court order requiring the University to disclose such documents and also permission to rely on an expert to examine the document and the writing of Dr M Y.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr M Y is relying on the letter in Jordan.
Dr M Y is reference in that letter as studying and researching with Mr S K.
Mr S K is a consultant within UCLH.
Mr S K signed the letter or his signature was forged on the letter. I wrote to Mr S K but he did not reply.
Why HR can not officially ask MR S K to verify if he issued such letter and its contents are correct?Can I in the court request HR to officially verify the letter and its contents and verify that the letter was signed and issued legally.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like I can fill both forms online: N208 & N244How I can submit both forms on Line?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. These need to be sent to Court itself. You can't do it online.
Please do remember to rate so the site credits me for my time - thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please check and change to make it as powerful as possibleClaiment: My name And addressDefendants: Dr M Y and Work Address
UCLH
Legal Departmet ...Details of the claim:On or about 11th February 2015, the First Defendant Dr M Y presented a copy of letter on a headed paper from UCLH signed by MR S K stating that Dr M Y is a full time student at UCLH to a solicitor in London, who also signed the copy as a true copy. The date of the letter and the date of the solicitor signature are on the same day. Soon after this date, , The First Defendant, Dr M Y served this copy to the court in Amman to support his divorce proceedings. The First Defendant, is a practicing Medical Doctor and worked in the NHS and in the private sector for many years. However, The purpose of the letter is to prove to the court in Amman that he is a student and has no income.I request this honourable court to order:HR at UCLH to verify the current and past status of Dr M Y within UCLH.
HR at UCLH to verify the contents and legality of a UCLH headed paper signed by one of its employee Mr M K.There is a question in the other FormWhat order are you asking the court to make and why? My answer will beHR at UCLH to verify the current and past status of Dr M Y within UCLH.
HR at UCLH to verify the contents and legality of a UCLH headed paper signed by one of its employee Mr M K.The reason we believe the letter and/or its contents are not genuine and/or legal.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Take out the words honourable.
Yes the rest is fine.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to costs in the order
How I can do that
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You ask for costs at the time of the hearing.
Does that help?
Please do remember to rate so the site credits me for the time spent with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not answer these questions: please help how to answer all the below questionsHave you attached a draft of the order you are applying for? Order not issued yet
6. How long do you think the hearing will last?Is this time estimate agreed by all parties? NO5. How do you want to have this application dealt with? at a hearing without a hearing at a telephone hearing7. Give details of any fixed trial date or period
8. What level of Judge does your hearing need?
9. Who should be served with this application?
9a. Please give the service address, (other than details of the
claimant or defendant) of any party named in question 9.
Claimant Defendant Legal Representative
Other (please specify)
2. Are you a
If you are a legal representative whom do you represent?
2
Applicant’s address to which documents about this application should be sent
If applicable
Phone no.
Fax no.
DX no.
Ref no.
E-mail address
Postcode
10. What information will you be relying on, in support of your application?
the attached witness statement
the statement of case
the evidence set out in the box below
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
This is going beyond your original question and you havent yet rated, so the site hasnt credited me yet for the considerable time spent with you.
Have you attached a draft of the order you are applying for? Leave blank
6. How long do you think the hearing will last? 1 hour
Is this time estimate agreed by all parties? NO
5. How do you want to have this application dealt with? at a hearing without a hearing at a telephone hearing - at a HEARING or TELEPHONE HEARING
7. Give details of any fixed trial date or period - BLANK
8. What level of Judge does your hearing need? - DISTRICT
9. Who should be served with this application? - DEFENDANT
claimant or defendant) of any party named in question 9 - D's ADDRESS
Claimant Defendant Legal Representative
Other (please specify)
2. Are you a
If you are a legal representative whom do you represent? LEAVE BLANK
2
If applicable
Phone no.
Fax no.
DX no.
Ref no.
E-mail address
Postcode - YOUR ADDRESS
10. What information will you be relying on, in support of your application? - THIS IS YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT WHY YOU WANT THE ORDER
the attached witness statement
the statement of case
the evidence set out in the box below
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you can see, I am near the end, and I will credit you soonon the first form, first page, there is a place to inset Defendant(s) I INSERTED 2 DEFENDANTS AND THEIR ADDRESSESnear the fees box also there is a box to inset Defendand's name and address
DO I NEED TO REPEAT WHAT I INSERTED ABOVECAN I attach a copy of the letter in question with the forms?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes first page to insert the defendants address. Second page is your address.
You can attach letter.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is related to the first page only
There are two places on the first page
near the top of the first page it says
Defendant(s)near the bottom of the first page again it saysDefendant's name and address.please look at the first pasge of form N208
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes form n208 you put it in twice,
Does that clarify?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I applied. the court, but court office said before they can take the fees and issue the service, a judge need to see the claim and decide.why?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
There will be a hearing yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the claim has not been issued yet.
The court office will NOT issue the service of the claim untill a judge agree the claim to be issued,
Then the court office will take fees and issue the service.Why the court office did not take the fees and issue the service without judge approaval.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The Judge can consider an application for disclosure pending proceedings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the judge refuse.If so what I can do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. If he refuses you can appeal.
ALex