Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

There my sister bought a used car from a kia dealer

Hi There
my sister bought a used car from a kia dealer yesterday we agreed a price of £18,300.00, my sister put £1000 deposit on it, but on the vehicle order form that was printed off and signed by my sister and the dealer salesman it says £14,300.00 less deposit(£1000) this leaves a balance to pay of £13,300.00.( i think he messed up typo)
Is this vehicle order form a contracty and is it legally binding( does the dealer have to give us the car as the paperwork says?
thank you
regards
Michael
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you saying it was verbally agreed that she would pay £18,300.00?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, We verbally agreed the £18,300.00 but yet we drove away and the paperwork says £13,300.00 balance to pay
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks if the agreed price was £18,300.00 and this is a simple mistake then they can amend the mistake and ask for the full amount. You can say that you assumed the agreed price was £13,300.00 based on this order form but in the event that what was actually agreed was a higher price you will be liable to pay the higher price. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okMany thanks for your help.regardsmichael
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
No problem, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site. Thank you and all the best.