13262538

I am living abroad and my doctors in the UK has closed

Customer Question

Hi I am living abroad and my doctors in the UK has closed down. How do I get my records and register elsewhere please? I will be going back to the UK briefly in January, and I know I am due for a 3 yearly test, can I pre book this? Thank you Andrea
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Your records will be held by the local Clinical commissioning group for the area and your new doctor can obtain your records from there (or you can)You will have to be here in person to Register so no routine tests can be dealt with until then I am afraidI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparentley it takes a while to re register with a doctor and I will only be in the UK for 2 weeks, can I register somewhere online and then make an appointment?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No I am afraid that is not possible - you need to be resident here to have any routine appointments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a UK address, so surely I can register?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Most surgeries will want a visit in person before you are registered I am afraid - but it will not hurt to try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well (and with the results as well)